Hyderabad: An exclusive vernacular matchmaking app Jodii, has been launched by Matrimony.com, India’s one of the leading online matrimony companies. The service is available in Telugu, Hindi, and 9 other languages including Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati, & Tamil.
The company rolled out the new service considering that a large section of the population is looking for a matchmaking service in their mother tongue. The service is available on the Android app. Jodii app addresses the needs of every section of people, the company claimed.
In view of the reports that Indian language internet users account for nearly 75% of the country’s user base. The majority of the internet users in India prefer to consume content in their local language. Telugu is spoken by over 81 million speakers, of which 31M are internet users. Pandemic further created the urgency for a lot of these users to start adopting digital services at a never imagined pace.
In an increasingly digital world, Jodii is a simple technology solution that breaks the barrier for every common India to find a life partner of their dreams. Jodii offers choice, convenience, and safety to find a match. We’re also empowering women to make decisions that can positively impact their life. – Arjun Bhatia, Sr Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer – Matrimony.com
Key highlights of Jodii app:
- Jodii app is simple to use and available in 10 languages including Telugu. It seeks basic information for creating a profile.
- Registration on Jodii is free and it also has affordable paid plans for some added benefits like directly calling a profile you like or viewing horoscopes of profiles.
- Users can register in their language and choose their match by religion, city, community, education, and income.
- All male members are required to verify their profile with Government Identity proof.
- Jodii app offers privacy and safety while searching for the suitable life partner. Women members have the option to hide their photo and show it only to matches they like.